Saturday, September 3, 2011

Update. Things are arriving, beginning to gather paints.

Hi, I have enough stuff now to make an update worthwhile :). Things are starting to arrive in the post gradually now and I am beginning to sort myself out with some paints for my Cold Cast helmet that is arriving next week.

My jumpsuit arrived early this week, but I realised it has a major flaw. The shin pockets for the tools, are too high up, they're practically over the knees. I will be getting the mother to work her sewing magic I think to take them off, and re attach them in the correct place, and I will be tucking the lower legs a bit tighter to the shin too. Other than that, the jumpsuit is perfect!

 
I have also got some more bits for my blaster, PVC pipe for the main barrel & scope mounts, a metal revolver handgun for the main frame of the blaster and a scope for... well, the scope. I have also got a flash tube in the post on its way!

I have acquired 5 paints so far for the helmet that are the best I could find with guidance from the members at The Dented Helmet. 2 more paints, a primer and black are in the post. I was struggling to find the perfect tool to apply liquid latex to create detailed scratches in the helmet, but I have bought a 'Colour Shaper' to help place the liquid latex accurately.














Also making their way to me:
  • Cape from tk409.com.
  • Ammo pouch belt from eBay.
  • Armour pieces, knee pads, gauntlets & shin tools from Richies Armor.
  • Metal helmet & visor from TDH.
  • Heiland Flash Tube from TDH.
  • Black paint & Grey Primer paint from eBay.
  • Jet Pack from eBay.
So this next month should be very interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got things going! Looking forward to seeing more of this :)

    ReplyDelete