Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jet Pack & Cape

Hi another update! Today my jet pack arrived and so did my tk409.com cape!


After looking at the jet pack closely, I have realised that the paint work isn't the best. The scratches are very unconvincing as is any of the weathering. Not to mention some of the colours are wrong. There were some cracks in the mould in some points, one at the bottom and one on the right side:


So, after making the decision to spend another £10 on the paint required for the jet pack, I have begun to skin it of its current paint. Luckily I did this as the paint is just peeling off due to no primer being used... So I ended up skinning most of it off with the tip of a knife instead of a sander! So it now looks like this:


I am now just trying to find a colour that would work! It seems to be one shade darker than my helmet will be (Tamiya Field Grey) which is frustrating. Anyway, I will be sanding this for the next 2 or 3 evenings to get it completely bare. I am going to try and super glue the cracked sections back together for a tiny bit more rigidity then I will then be using filler to build up the areas around the cracks to make them smooth again. If you know a spray paint I can use for the main green colour on the ESB jet pack, let me know! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Always sucks to receive a paid item, and find out it's not how it should be. Good luck with fixing it up!

    ReplyDelete